Happy 144th Birthday to the City of Plano! There are some things happening this weekend to help you celebrate all that is Plano, and (for parents and teachers) the end of another school year. Check this map for deals on pizza and sweets.
Texas Pool Party: with a splash and a community swim party on Friday, June 2nd from 4-6 PM! Cake, Balloons & Party Favors (while they last) will be featured with Traditional Pool Games and Legendary Texas Pool Fun. $5/person.
Grand Opening party at Legacy West: there are food and shopping specials happening all weekend. Check out the image below for what’s already open (some of the “coming soon” places are participating this weekend) and read this GuideLive post for details. “All weekend long, festivities will include food and drink samplings, limited-time discounts, musical performances by national and local artists and a behind-the-scenes look into the 55,000 square foot Legacy Hall, an urban food hall set to open in fall 2017.”
Music City Series: Linzzi Zaorski
Saturday, June 3rd 8:30-10pm
Linnzi Zaorski is an American jazz singer and songwriter based in New Orleans, Louisiana. One evening she stumbled upon a traditional jazz band performing at a dive bar in the French Quarter and began singing with them regularly. Linnzi and this group of musicians eventually coalesced to form The New Orleans Jazz Vipers, and they began performing regularly at the Spotted Cat Music Club and in other venues around New Orleans in the early 2000s. She started her own band, Delta Royale, in 2002 and has since recorded six albums under her own name with some of the finest musicians in New Orleans. This concert is completely free to the public, and the perfect interlude to a great night out in Historic Downtown Plano. Bar service will be available on site, provided by Angela’s at the Crosswalk. more info
Oak Point Ampitheater
Saturday, June 3rd, 7-10pm
Hard Nights Day is one of the best known Beatles cover band in the North Texas Area. The Revolution 9 stage show has been meticulously crafted to bring the music of the ’60s to the public in a new, refreshing way. The songs… from the very beginnings of Beatlemania and the Mod movement in swinging London to the psychedelic sounds of San Francisco… have been carefully chosen to give audiences their well-known favorites as well as lesser-known gems that shine with brilliance on the live stage. Kids 5 & under are free. Picnic baskets, coolers, blankets, and/or lawn chairs are welcome and encouraged. No pets please! Gates into the amphitheater will open at 6pm. Box office for on-site sales will open at 5pm.
Summer Reading Kick-Off Events: Got kids? Keep them reading this summer!
Saturday, June 3rd (times below) more info
- Davis Library: noon-2pm Meet outside by the pond to celebrate and kick-off the summer with face painting, balloon artists, crafts, games and more!
- Haggard Library: 10am-noon Build with lots o’ Legos to create a city, complete with roads, buildings, people and vehicles. Get a balloon from our balloon artist, check out our STEAM Kits and more!
- Harrington Library: 10am-noon Help build a group sculpture with balloons and take home something special that Bender the Balloon man creates just for you! Check out our STEAM kits, play with bubbles, or get your face painted.
- Parr Library: 2-4pm Create mazes, paper cities, and sky-high buildings! Blow bubbles on the porch, and visit DART: The Adventure Starts Here.
- Schimelpfenig Library: 2-4pm Play games, add to our art mural, check out the fire truck and see the fire clowns! There will be face painting, henna, and lots of other fun activities!